COSTIMATOR - Your quick Quote place for those with cell phone texting privileges…
Please give us this info IN A TEXT to 8606559000 for a quick idea of your project’s cost, or visit this page.
Below is a typical quote, Just copy the box below and revise as you need editing/adding your suggested info.
We will reply promptly with a widow of cost as an estimate good for the central CT region within 25 radial miles.
Hi my name is “John Doe.” I need carpet/upholstery cleaning at ### xyz street in zzz, CT. I need it done before xx/xx/xx. Please quote a cost window(range) to do my LR/ DR/ stair/ MBR/ BR1/ BR2. The carpets are dark/light in color. I believe them to be nylon/olefin/wool/other. I have last cleaned them ##months/years with professional/home process. I do/don’t want fabric protection included. I heard about you: seeing your truck/ happy client referral/ prior customer. Thanks for a prompt quote! –Your name + 2 phone numbers and best call time.”
Send your text to Patrick, 8606559000 for a quick idea of your project’s cost.
Read more details instead at our cost page:
A. For carpet:
1. Approximately how many square feet are being cleaned? This tells us how much cleaning is to be scheduled and gives us an idea how much time to allot for your cleaning appointment.
2. When was your carpet last cleaned? Who cleaned and how was it done? [low moisture, steam, portable, truck-mount, owner or service company, etc.] Has the owner done interim spot-cleaning? Is there a high detergent residue or a spot problem that needs extended rinsing? What is the history of cleaning?
3. Is the carpet light, or dark in color? Is the carpet solid, or mixed in color? Is the carpet pile height low, medium or high? Is the carpet made of nylon, olefin, wool, or some other type? Is the carpet cut, loop, or combinations, sculptured, or printed patterns?
4. Has the carpet previously had protector applied? When, and which areas? Will this work order include fabric protection?
5. Has the carpet been properly (that is: “Power-“) stretched?
6. Is there any prior physical damage, staining, mold or mildew damage?
7. Is the carpet wall-to-wall, area mats, ‘tack-less’ or glued installation, padded or rubber back?
8. Is the carpet work order owner-occupied, or for landlord/ tenant arrangements?
9. Is the carpet work order urgent, or being done with other special conditions applicable?
10. Is high-speed drying important to be implemented (drying within a day or less)?
B. For Upholstery
1. When was the Upholstery last cleaned? Who did it and how was it done? [low moisture, steam, portable, truck-mount, owner or service company, etc.] What is the history of cleaning?
2. Has the owner done spot-cleaning? Is there a high detergent residue problem that needs extended rinsing?
3. Is the upholstery light in color? Are there buttons to clean around? Is there skirting, or pleats, and how many? Is the couch 6’, 7’, or 8’ in length? Is it a love seat? Is it a chair, and/or ottoman? It is a sectional, and if so, how long?
4. Has the upholstery been previously had protector applied? When, and which areas? If not, Will the work order include fabric protection?
5. Is the upholstery made of cotton, nylon, olefin, wool, or some other type?
6. Is the upholstery textured or color sculptured, or with some other combinations or printed patterns?
7. Does the upholstery have attached or separate cushions? Include pillows, and how many and what type?
8. Is the upholstery a chair, and what type [parlor, kitchen, wing-back, recliner, electric, ottoman, part of a set]?
9. Is the upholstery work order owner-occupied, or for another person?
10. Is the upholstery work order urgent, or being done with other special conditions applicable?