Cost for Services
- If you need a quick quote, please first see our “Costimator” (a means to send us an urgent text for quote).
- If you are ready to pay us now, you may use our Credit/Debit electronic PAY US NOW option here.
In response to those who right away ask us “How much does it cost to use your company?” we reply:
Most asking this question we assume do so to just get an idea of the cost. Some genuinely do not understand the cost, and also the value, of using a professional service for carpet & upholstery cleaning. So for explanation’s sake we provide this page of information.
Some firms use “price” as the MAJOR DRAWING INTEREST in solicitation, and some use half truths. Most use a price-printed form of this type of advertising to obtain new customers. Professional firms avoid pricing without some qualification. This is because the costs involved in cleaning cannot be figured accurately without some questions answered, and others, even a visual inspection.
Because many do use “cost of service” printed ads, such ads lead the public to believe the figures accurately reveal the true price of the best cleaning option to choose. This is seldom true until you have talked to a customer who responded to the ad and is truly satisfied after the job is done, and the carpet is dry.
Professional firms realize there is a bottom-line profitability to the average work order they complete, and in most regions of the United States that line is FAR above typically printed prices.
How To Get An Idea of the Price You Most Likely Must Pay for Satisfaction:
These Questions Are Asked at a typical Cleaning Quotation: The answers can determine the actual cost: some questions have a big factor, and others small, but all affect the final cost.
A. For carpet:
1. Approximately how many square feet are being cleaned? This tells us how much cleaning is to be scheduled and gives us an idea how much time to allot.
2. When was your carpet last cleaned? Who cleaned, and how was it done? [low moisture, steam, portable, truck-mount, owner or service company, etc.] Has the owner done interim spot-cleaning? Is there a high detergent residue or a spot problem that needs extended rinsing? What is the history of cleaning?
3. Is the carpet light, or dark in color? Is the carpet solid, or mixed in color? Is the carpet pile height low, medium or high? Is the carpet made of nylon, olefin, wool, or some other type? Is the carpet cut, loop, or combinations, such as sculptured, or printed patterns?
4. Has the carpet previously had protector applied? When, and which areas? Will this work order include fabric protection?
5. Has the carpet been properly (“Power-“) stretched?
6. Is there any prior physical damage, staining, mold or mildew damage?
7. Is the carpet wall-to-wall, area mats, ‘tack-less’ or glued installation, padded or rubber back?
8. Is the carpet work order owner-occupied, or for landlord/ tenant arrangements?
9. Is the carpet work order urgent, or being done with other special conditions applicable?
10. Is high-speed drying important to be implemented (drying within a day or less)?
B. For Upholstery
1. When was the Upholstery last cleaned? Who did it and how was it done? [low moisture, steam, portable, truck-mount, owner or service company, etc.] What is the history of cleaning?
2. Has the owner done spot-cleaning? Is there a high detergent residue problem that needs extended rinsing?
3. Is the upholstery light in color? Are there buttons to clean around? Is there skirting, or pleats, and how many? Is the couch 6’, 7’, or 8’ in length? Is it a love seat? Is it a chair, and/or ottoman? Is it a sectional, and if so, how long?
4. Has the upholstery previously had protector applied? When, and which areas? And if not, will the work order include fabric protection?
5. Is the upholstery made of cotton, nylon, olefin, wool, or some other type?
6. Is the upholstery textured or color sculptured, or with some other combinations or printed patterns?
7. Does the upholstery have attached or separate cushions? Include pillows, and how many and what type?
8. Is the upholstery a chair, and what type [parlor, kitchen, wing-back, recliner, electric, ottoman, part of a set]?
9. Is the upholstery work order owner-occupied, or for another person?
10. Is the upholstery work order urgent, or being done with other special conditions applicable?
If you still need a quick quote having read these matters, please use our COSTIMATOR and provide as much detail as you feel appropriate via texting. The more detail the better your quick quote will be!
We highly recommend that you pick either one of two excellent plans below for your project, but you may also decide our popular third option below these two:
CARPET CLEANING PACKAGES
(The Best Choice) You choose one of two packages – We do everything else and FULLY guarantee our workmanship!
3. [NOT RECOMMENDED but chosen often, however: The Practical (Budget) Choice ]
You want or need to save money, and are willing to
cooperate with our suggestions in preparing your house for our arrival.
Why We Charge by the *Hour:
*Our equipment uses an ”Hour Meter,” measured by 1/10th-hour increments. When the “preparation-to-clean setup” of your areas is done, we are then ready to engage the Truck Mount for Service. This begins the intensive portion of the cleaning process, and it is this “time we make our charges begin in full” in order the keep the process simplified and without lots of nickel-dime add-on charges.**
In order to give the “best price” for our exceptional quality extraction and still provide the quality necessary we charge for actual cleaning time. This means we’ll not over charge for any service, but when necessary to comlete the job with satisfying results, you are willing to pay for added time.
**Additionally we charge for
- vacuuming time if we are required to do extensive vacuuming (but this is not typical [since most vacuuming is attempeted if not well-done before our arrival- “Thank you!”]), as well as
- abnormal spotting product charges.
If the time is reduced from our quoted time you may actually pay less, but alternately, we expect you to pay additional amounts based on the actual time on the day of the appointment. This usually applies only to carpet or funiture we classify as “ABUSED.” (If you do NOT spot clean/ vacuum and otherwise maintain articles to be cleaned in a normal manner between cleaning appointments, we will refer to the order as “for abused carpet or furniture.”)
This does not mean that we will not come back to clean it (an) additional time(s) as may be necessary, but it does mean that our workmanship guarantee to reclean for free cannot be applied to the cleaning order in question.
|Our Retail Gasoline Cost §||Truck Mount Cost for 30 min. Cash/Credit||Truck Mount Cost for 1 hr. Cash/Credit|
|Up to $2.50/gal||(MINIMUM) $75.00/$85.00||(MINIMUM) $150.00/$165.00|
|$2.51 to $3.00/gal||$80.00/$90.00||$160.00/$175.00|
|$3.01 to $3.50/gal||$85.00/$95.00||$170.00/$185.00|
|$3.51 to $4.00/gal||$90.00/$100.00||$180.00/$190.00|
|$4.01 to $4.50/gal||$95.00/$110.00||$190.00/$205.00|
|$4.51 to $5.00/gal||$100.00/$115.00||$200.00/$215.00|
§ We only use mechanic’s recommended fuels for our operations which may not be the lowest priced fuel.
If this chart is not updated and prices rise, the same pattern applies to retail amounts above $5.00/gallon.
The posting of this chart does not necessarily require us to charge these rates.