If you are ordering a Single Hourly - Rate Cleaning:
- You can avoid a vacuuming charge by vacuuming your carpets with a working vacuum cleaner (60-75% of removable soil is enabled through through vacuuming!) (We charge $25/hour, minimum 1 hour if we are required to use our vacuum when we clean on you appointment day.)
- Please remove cardboard boxes, games, any other articles beside or underneath furniture and all “to-be-cleaned” carpet areas, or furniture.
- If possible to move all furniture to a hard floor or other carpet area NOT being cleaned, This will reduce the time used in cleaning and thus save you time on the cleaning day charges.
- If we are moving furniture, put any thing underneath and unable to “elsewhere be located” on couches or on the bed. (We use easy movers to clean underneath furniture, and this allows for some added weight on such places for areas that have not been cleaned for over 2 years.
- If your carpets have not been vacuumed well for over 2 years we suggest that you order DRY VACUUMING ONLY for underneath furniture areas, followed by “traffic lanes/ open areas cleaning” Hot Water Extraction of the carpet eliminating wet carpet underneath those areas.
Other help you may offer us we greatly appreciate:
- Cold Water garden hose connection for our supply tank’s filling. (In winter this may entail turning on an interior faucet if it is as typically found on the exterior of your home.) We will leave it as it ought to be left originally when we leave!
- Driveway access: We need to park as close to the carpet as possible. The truck normally reaches 200 feet from our equipment. (This may mean moving/arranging parked vehicles differently the day of our appointment. WE CANNOT NORMALLY PARK ON GRASS, OR NEAR SHRUBBERY because the heat of the truck and mount’s exhaust and the hot water hose will burn both these. WE CANNOT PARK INSIDE OR TOO NEAR GARAGES DUE TO CARBON-MONOXIDE DANGERS TO YOU AND TO US.
- TURN ON YOUR AIR CONDITIONING IN SUMMER FOR THE DAY WE ARRIVE. TURN ON YOUR HEAT (IN WINTER) TO NORMAL SETTINGS. DO NOT CHANGE THEM WHEN WE LEAVE FOR AT LEAST 48 HOURS AFTERWARD or you will bring about mold and mildew conditions in your home we cannot be responsible for. We will be leaving windows open in winter and fans set to continuous running in summer to aid carpet drying. This is a small price to pay for clean and healthy carpets if you are using this budget approach to cleaning.
- Arrange to have pets and small children away or roomed-in-place the day of cleaning for their own safety’s sake. Our friendly technicians ALWAYS clean with safety precautions such as these in mind and enforced.